Here are some suggestions to ensure your kickoff meetings are successful.
- Hold the meeting over Video Conference, and ask everyone to have their video on. Try joining a couple minutes ahead to ensure your audio works well.
- Have everyone introduce themselves.
- Everyone should have the project details in front of them.
- The company representative should introduce the scope of the project the students will be working on, and the expected deliverables.
- The students should ensure they're clear on what's being asked of them, and ask any preliminary questions they may have.
- Everyone should confirm the milestone due dates, as well as due date of the final submission.
- Clarify how often you'll be communicating, and through what channels. Set a date for a future check-in meeting.
- One team member should document what you've agreed on, and follow up with this in writing.