As of March 27, 2023, Level UP has paused all new and pending student applications to projects and project matches. We are encouraging you to join our employer waitlist.
When we launched Level UP, we were expecting the Riipen community to show up strong. We were not disappointed. In the past three months alone, over 16,000 applications were submitted to the 5,000+ available projects. The demand for this program exceeded our wildest predictions and we are now shifting our focus to ensuring matched students receive the stipend(s) they deserve.
The overwhelming demand for project stipends requires us to exercise precaution to guarantee that students who are matched to a project receive their stipend.
This article will help guide you through the Level UP waitlist sign up process, as well as the account and project creation process.
1. Visit riipen.com/levelup/employers. Click on “Join Waitlist”.
2. In a new tab you will be prompted to complete the Employer Intake Form.
3. 🎉Congratulations!🎉 Once complete, if eligible, you will be added to the waitlist.
Please note that until further notice, we have paused all new applications to Level UP projects. This means that going forward, you won’t be able to submit projects for the Level UP team to review. Projects that are currently matched Level UP with student teams are not affected by this change.
4. To sign up, return to your riipen.com/levelup/employers tab and choose to sign up by clicking the “Get Started” button or click Log In in the top right corner if you already have a Riipen account.
5. Create your Riipen account after selecting “Get Started” by first selecting “Sign up” under the “Employer” user type on the right hand side.
6. Next, fill in your name, email, and password in the indicated fields and click “Create account”.
7. Next, add your job title, pronouns (optional), phone number, and choose up to 5 categories that interest you (ex: Communications, Marketing, Business Development, Graphic Design, etc.).
8. Next, add your company information. If your company is already on Riipen, you can find your company by clicking the link provided in the yellow box.
9. 🎉Congratulations!🎉 Once complete, Your profile and company will be added to the platform.
10. To create your first project select “Projects” under “My Content” in the left side navigation bar. Next, click on “Create project” in the top right hand corner.
11. Creating a project is a 5-step process. In the project creation wizard you can either select to create a project from scratch, or use a template.
If you choose from our Template Library, you will be able to search areas of interest through selecting sub-categories or by searching for project names.
Add a descriptive title, and summarize the work you want a student (or multiple students) to complete. Make sure the expected outcomes for your business are clear to students, and that they can get a sense of the scope of work from your description. Given the short, remote nature of Level UP, we require a project-based experience. Make sure to provide a concrete scope for the student’s work and limit their work to a single project.
Projects should provide 80 hours of work per student participating. Currently, there are no limitations to the number of projects an employer can submit, and the number of students they can take on, and are required to provide a minimum of five hours of mentorship to each student.
Continue through the steps in the wizard. If you save your project as a draft, you can return to your project at any time to make edits.
A few things to note:
When you’ve gone through the wizard and hit “Publish” on the last step, your project is now live in the Riipen marketplace.
Once matched to an experience, students will be able to apply directly to your project. You will be alerted by email about new applications, and can view these under the Matches tab as well by clicking on the number under the Applications column.
Please be advised that Level UP is not accepting project requests at this time.
If you'd like to create additional projects, you are welcome to do so. Currently, there are no limitations to the amount of projects an employer can create.
Your project should be acknowledged within 5 business days.
Please ensure the project timelines are accurate before the start of the project.
There is no cost for you to post to a Level UP project.
Riipen will pay the students their $1400 CAD stipend directly at the conclusion of the project.
Should you have additional questions, please email email@example.com or reach out to our help chat by clicking on the little orange chat bubble at the bottom of every Riipen page.