As of March 27, 2023, Level UP has paused all new and pending student applications to projects and we are encouraging you to join our student waitlist or employer waitlist.
When we launched Level UP, we were expecting the Riipen community to show up strong. We were not disappointed. In the past three months alone, over 16,000 applications were submitted to the 5,000+ available projects. The demand for this program exceeded our wildest predictions and we are now shifting our focus to ensuring matched students receive the stipend(s) they deserve.
The overwhelming demand for project stipends requires us to exercise precaution to guarantee that students who are matched to a project receive their stipend.
This article will help guide you through the Level UP waitlist sign up process, as well as the account creation process.
1. Visit riipen.com/levelup/students. Click on “Join Waitlist”.
2. In a new tab you will be prompted to complete the Eligibility Form.
3. 🎉Congratulations!🎉 Once complete, if eligible, you will be added to the waitlist and receive a confirmation email.
Please note that: until further notice, we have paused all new applications to Level UP projects. This means that going forward, you won’t be able to make a new application to a Level UP project. Projects you’re currently matched to are not affected by this change.
4. To sign up, return to your riipen.com/levelup/students tab and choose to sign up by clicking the “Get Started” button or click Log In in the top right corner if you already have a Riipen account.
5. Create your Riipen account after selecting “Get Started” by first selecting “Sign up” under the “Learner” user type on the right hand side.
6. Next, fill in your information in the fields below and click “Create account”.
7. Next, add your pronouns (optional), location, and choose up to 5 categories that interest you (ex: Communications, Marketing, Business Development, Graphic Design, etc.).
8. Once Complete, select the “Find portal” button in the center of the screen.
9. To view the Level UP portal, search “Level UP” in the search bar on the left hand side and select the blue “Riipen Level UP 🚀” Portal name in the center results.
8. Once Clicked, select the Level UP Multidisciplinary Projects under recent experiences.
This is where you will be able to join and view projects once the program reopens.
Please be advised that you will not be able to join the portal or view Level UP projects until the program resumes. Please ensure that you have joined the waitlist.
Similarly, once on the platform, you will be able to find the Level UP portal on the left side navigation bar under “Portals” and by searching Level UP in the left hand search bar.