Note: You must be invited to join the Level UP experience and start applying to projects.
If you haven't already, we encourage you to join our "Count Me In" list. By joining the list, you secure your position in the queue to receive funding. As projects become available and align with eligible students, we systematically work through the list to ensure that every deserving student receives their stipend.
To learn more please view our help article:Getting Started with Level UP: Students.
2. This new main navigation menu is shown site-wide for easy access to your own content and your portal's experiences. Access your dashboard by clicking on the "dashboard" option on the top left corner of the page. This option will be listed under "My Content" on the left hand side.
3. Select the Level UP: September 2023 0 March 2024 under “My experiences”.
If you are having difficulty viewing experiences on your dashboard, make sure you switch to the Level UP portal by selecting your profile icon in the top right corner and selecting “Switch workspace” and selecting “Riipen Level UP 🚀” under Portals. This is especially useful if you are a part of more than one portal (i.e. Level UP and your school).
Once you are in the Level UP Portal, you can Level UP: Multidisciplinary Projects under “My experiences” on your dashboard.
5. Once you click on Level UP: September 2023 0 March 2024 , you can scroll down to view Level UP projects. We recommend bookmarking this page so that it's easy to come back to later. Scroll and view projects of interest to you.
6. After you have found a project of interest please read the project scope BEFORE you apply to the project, to ensure it is something you really want to do. Applying to too many projects goes against our Terms and Conditions - please take your time to ensure the project is for you!
Below, this article will continue to outline how to apply to a project. You can also view this information here.
7. Once you’ve found a project that you would like to apply to, you will need to click on the “Apply” button on the top right corner of the page.
8. Next, you will need to fill out your application for the project that you are interested in. Make sure your communication is clear and concise when applying to projects. The application process is completed in 3 steps.
9. You will first need to enter a Team name, even if you are applying individually. We recommend using your first name. If you are applying as a Team, you will have the option to invite Team members by including their emails, separated by commas.
Please ensure that your Teammates accept their invitations. Invitations are sent via email. If your Teammates do not accept their invitations, they will not be added to your team.
10. You will then have the option to upload your resume and answer any screening questions the employer would like you to answer.
11. On the next page, you will need to send an introduction message to the employer. This will allow you to introduce yourself and tell them why you are interested in their project.
12. 🎉 Your application has been submitted successfully! 🎉
13. To view your application(s), you can click on the projects option under “My Content” in the left side navigation bar and select the applications tab.
On the top right corner of the page. You will also want to keep an eye on your messages. Employers may be reaching out to you to schedule an interview or chat with you about your application.
14. Once an employer accepts your application, you are set to start your project. Reminder: students are only permitted to take on 5 projects per calendar year. Please make sure to cancel any pending applications once you have been accepted to those 5 projects. You are able to do more than one project at a time but it is not recommended.
15. You can access your project(s) you can click on theprojects option under “My Content” in the left side navigation bar and select the “Teams” tab.
16. To start your project, you will need to select the corresponding team. On the “Overview” tab of that specific project and click “Start Project”. This tab will also let you view the milestones of the project and provide a space to submit your final deliverables when you have completed your project. Remember to stay in contact with the employer in order to stay on track with the project start and end dates as well as the milestones.
17. When you are done with your project please refer to the article Confirm and Complete your Level UP project, for next steps!
*When applying to projects, we encourage you to make the best decision for you, based on your schedule and time management skills.
Still have questions? Reach out to us via live-chat in the avocado found in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.