1. Visit riipen.com/advanceontario/employers. Click on "I'm Interested."
2. In a new tab you will be prompted to complete the Employer Intake Form.
3. You will receive an email to create your Riipen account and join the Advance Ontario portal.
4. To sign up, return to your riipen.com/advanceontario/employers tab and choose to sign up by clicking the “Get Started” button or click Log In in the top right corner if you already have a Riipen account.
5. Create your Riipen account after selecting “Get Started” by first selecting “Sign up” under the “Employer” user type on the left hand side.
6. Next, fill in your name, email, and password in the indicated fields and click “Create account”.
7. Next, add your job title, pronouns (optional), phone number, and choose up to 5 categories that interest you (ex: Communications, Marketing, Business Development, Graphic Design, etc.).
8. Next, add your company information.
9. 🎉Congratulations!🎉 Once complete, Your profile and company will be added to the platform.
10. Apply for a portal pass to join Advance Ontario and answer a few quick questions.
11. To create your first project select “Projects” under “My Content” in the left side navigation bar. Next, click on “Create project” in the top right hand corner.
12. Creating a project is a 5-step process. In the project creation wizard you can either select to create a project from scratch, use a template or generate with AI.
If you choose from our Template Library, you will be able to search areas of interest through selecting sub-categories or by searching for project names.
Add a descriptive title, and summarize the work you want a student (or multiple students) to complete. Make sure the expected outcomes for your business are clear to students, and that they can get a sense of the scope of work from your description.
Given the short, remote nature of Advance Ontario, we require a project-based experience. Make sure to provide a concrete scope for the student’s work and limit their work to a single project.
Projects should provide 80 hours of work per student participating. Employers can facilitate up to 10 learning experiences per year (learn more) and are required to provide a minimum of five hours of mentorship to each student.
Continue through the steps in the wizard. If you save your project as a draft, you can return to your project at any time to make edits.
Match with the Advance Ontario Experience.
A few things to note:
When you’ve gone through the wizard and hit “Publish” on the last step, your project is now live in the Riipen marketplace.
Once matched to an experience, students will be able to apply directly to your project.
You will be alerted by email about new applications, and can view these under the Matches tab as well by clicking on the number under the Applications column.
Your project should be acknowledged within 5 business days.
Please ensure the project timelines are accurate before the start of the project. Once the project starts, these dates are locked in.
There is no cost for you to post to an Advance Ontario project.
Riipen will pay the students their $1400 CAD stipend directly at the conclusion of the project.
Still have questions? Reach out to us via live-chat in the avocado found in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.